The Polldubh Club

Author Topic: Here it is  (Read 3294 times)

Peter Duggan

• Administrator
    • Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?
    • Email
Here it is
« on: 25 April 2009, 14:43 »
Well, here it is... The Polldubh Club Forum! :)

Perhaps there are aspects of the templating that I'd still like to tweak for the site design, but we wanted to get this thing up so you can use it.

Sorry you'll have to register and get your registration approved before you can post, but sadly experience of dealing with spammers on other sites forces our hand here. We can add categories and boards (public or private) for different purposes as the need becomes apparent (NB you can always ask), but let's keep things simple for starters and post anything fit for public eyes to this one board.

Think we could also do with 'Polldubh' in the Spell Check dictionary!

Alex Roddie

• Forum Member
    • Glencoe Mountaineer
Re: Here it is
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2009, 16:15 »
Testing!
Only a hill; but all of life to me,
up there, between the sunset and the sea.

Peter Duggan

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2009, 08:36 »
Sorry you'll have to register and get your registration approved before you can post

Registration procedure now amended to dispense with approval but require applicants to type the letters from a visual/audio image and answer two (hopefully) simple questions... after which you should receive an email with instructions to activate your account.

The questions come from a short, random selection (which may be changed from time to time), with the number of letters required to answer given crossword-style (eg Ben Nevis = 3, 5).

Have already tested the system myself, so hoping it works for the next person along!

Dean

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2009, 10:32 »
Great work Pete, Well done.

Have been doing my SPA training this weekend with Al. so hopefully will be back into work and club mode again. :)

Unfortunately I am travelling south to Bristol on Tuesday and will be away all week, good luck to all climbing this Wednesday get some routes in.

once back next week then all steam ahead to get all the nitty gritty sorted for the club (so come committee start thinking of ideas) and the rest of you start posting on here what you all want !!

See you all soon
Dean

Peter Duggan

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2009, 18:38 »
Perhaps there are aspects of the templating that I'd still like to tweak for the site design, but we wanted to get this thing up so you can use it.

Like the Polldubh Club header and page background only I could see because the forum templates linked to files on my development machine instead of the ones on site...

Discovered when I looked at the site from work today, but what a stupid mistake to make! :-[